Birchfellows Annual Operating Fund
A "Birchfellow" is a donor whose tax-deductible gift supports Birch Creek's Annual Operating budget. Each year, unrestricted "Birchfellow" donations promote student learning through faculty salaries, educational programs, program marketing, instrument rental, and student recruitment activities as well as helping to operate the campus.
|Birchfellows Levels of Giving|
|Platinum||$10,000 and above|
|Gold||$2,500 to $9,999|
|Silver||$1,000 to $2,499|
|Bronze||$250 to $999|
|Friend||$249 and under|
Examples of what your contribution can buy for Birch Creek students
- $30 - purchase a music stand
- $50 - provide headphones or music acquisition for the listening library
- $100 - contribute toward music rental
- $250 - help with instrument tuning and repair
- $500 - help transport and tune the steelpans we borrow
- $750 - support annual outreach in Door County public schools
- $2,000 - name a faculty "chair" on an annual basis
A student writes:
""As a student at Birch Creek Music Performance Center, I'd like to let you know how much I appreciate your donation that enabled me to participate in such a life-changing experience. … Being around music all day and night was incredible. I learned so much and got to work with an amazing faculty.
"This experience helped me realize that I want to become a professional musician. I can't stress enough how phenomenal those two weeks were. My experience at Birch Creek has been very rewarding and my musical education has been challenged and expanded. I hope you realize the effect your generosity has on the music center and the students. For all Birch Creek students, I want to thank you for making a difference in our lives."
--Sarah Smith, Jazz I student (2009)